Say Hello to the Other Side With This Cocktail That Claims To "Wake the Dead"
Thanks to The Drink Blog, tapping into the other side is just one cocktail away. With tequila, Grand Marnier, cherry bitters, and spicy simple syrup, this Waking the Dead cocktail is definitely spicy enough to muster up some spirits.
Waking the Dead
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- egg white
- cherry bitters
- 1 oz spicy simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 habaneros, quartered
- For habanero simple syrup: Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Slowly stir sugar into boiling water until sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Add habanero peppers to sugar-water mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until syrup is thickened and pepper has slightly colored the syrup, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let syrup cool, about 1 hour. Remove peppers from syrup and store syrup in a glass jar.
- Add simple syrup, lime juice and cilantro to your cocktail shaker and muddle thoroughly.
- Add silver tequila, Grand Marnier, egg white and ice. Shake vigorously to create thick foam from egg whites.
- Pour and strain contents of shaker into your coupe.
- When the drink has settled, top with drops of cherry bitters. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.