This Pizza Dip Lets You Throw a New Kind of Pizza Party
Waking the Dead
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- egg white
- cherry bitters
- 1 oz spicy simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 habaneros, quartered
- For habanero simple syrup: Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Slowly stir sugar into boiling water until sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Add habanero peppers to sugar-water mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until syrup is thickened and pepper has slightly colored the syrup, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let syrup cool, about 1 hour. Remove peppers from syrup and store syrup in a glass jar.
- Add simple syrup, lime juice and cilantro to your cocktail shaker and muddle thoroughly.
- Add silver tequila, Grand Marnier, egg white and ice. Shake vigorously to create thick foam from egg whites.
- Pour and strain contents of shaker into your coupe.
- When the drink has settled, top with drops of cherry bitters. Serve.