It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Watermelon Coconut Cream Granita
- 4 cups fresh cubed watermelon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 1 (14-ounce) can of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- blue sprinkles and blue rock candy for garnish
- Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until completely pureed. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a measuring cup.
- Add the watermelon juice and sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and once the liquid comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
- Pour the juice into a 9x13-inch baking dish and whisk in the rum. Freeze for 4 hours then use a fork and scrape the mixture into small icy bites. Freeze again and repeat the scraping one or two more times within the next two hours or so.
- When ready to serve, open the can of cold coconut milk and discard all of the liquid. Scoop the cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed with a whisk attachment until peaks form, about 2 minutes
- Serve the granitas by layering a spoonful of the whipped cream, the granitas and more whipped cream. Add in stick of blue rock candy and blue sprinkles.