The Only Way to Drink This Watermelon Gin Punch is Out of a Watermelon Keg
DrinksMadeEasy is literally tapping into our love for watermelon with this keg that's made of a watermelon and full of watermelon gin punch made with fresh watermelon juice, gin, simple syrup, and a handful of mint leaves for a refreshing cocktail (and keg) that's surprisingly easy to make.
Watermelon Gin Punch
- 1 watermelon
- 6 cups of watermelon juice
- 1 750 ml bottle of gin (or vodka if you choose)
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of simple syrup
- handful of mint leaves
- watermelon keg tap
- Take a watermelon and cut the top off of it, gut it, and blend watermelon chunks into 6 cups of juice (strain to remove pulp). Core out a hole in the lower third of the gutted watermelon and place your tap. Set the watermelon aside.
- Next, juice lemons to make 1 cup of juice. Grab a handful of mint leaves and muddle them in a glass that can hold the cup of lemon juice and the mint leaves.
- In a large pitcher or vessel that can hold large amounts of liquid, add your muddled mint and lemon juice, 1 cup of simple syrup, the bottle of gin (or vodka) and 6 cups of watermelon juice.
- Stir well and pour into you watermelon keg.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.