Wine Workouts Are Just What We Need in our Fitness Routines
- 1 750-ml bottle of higher-proof bourbon
- 1 inch vanilla bean, split
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 18 dried cherries
- 3 dried apricots, halved
- ¼ blood orange, chunked
- ¼ lemon, chunked
- ¾ cup honey
- ⅓ cup peach brandy
- Fill a rocks glass about ⅓ of the way full and prop up in your freezer so that the water is able to freeze on an extreme slant.
- Pour bourbon into a sealable wide-mouth container, such as a quart-size mason jar. Add vanilla bean, cinnamon, cloves, cherries, apricot, orange, and lemon, and steep, covered, for 5 days to a week.
- Strain liquid through a fine-mesh sieve, then return it to the jar and discard the fruits and spices.
- Warm honey in a small saucepan over low heat, adding a few tablespoons of water to help liquefy. Add the honey and peach brandy to the infused bourbon. (You can adjust the sweetness level by adding more honey or more bourbon, and the alcohol level by adding water.) Serve in frozen glass and garnish with lemon peel.