Wouldn't mac 'n' cheese be better if you could also eat the bowl? Twisted baked up this gooey white cheddar mac 'n' cheese and then stuffed it into a butternut squash bowl, making it the perfect recipe for Fall get-togethers, or even just for dinner tonight.
White Cheddar Mac 'n' Cheese Stuffed Squash
- oil for brushing
- 3 butternut squash, hollowed
- 2 cups white sauce
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 10 oz. grated cheddar
- 2 1/2 oz. grated parmesan
- 2 cups cooked macaroni pasta
- 2 oz. grated parmesan for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Take your hollowed out butternut squash and brush it with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the butternut squash is baking, heat the white sauce and season. Add the cheeses and melt in then add the macaroni. Stir to thoroughly coat the pasta.
- Take the butternut squash out of the oven and fill with the macaroni cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan and breadcrumbs then return to the oven and bake for about another 15 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy.