Halal White Sauce Recipe
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise (try to find one made of only egg yolks, not whole eggs)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground caraway
- ¼ teaspoon ground sumac
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Just a sprinkle of ground turmeric
- Pinch of xanthan gum
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk mayonnaise, water, and lemon juice together until smooth and no lumps appear.
- Add caraway, sumac, cardamom, and turmeric; stir until combined.
- Add xanthan gum and mix until it thickens slightly.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator. Use liberally.