How to Make the Ultimate Soy Sauce Chicken for Tailgating in Philly
Brad Spence, culinary director of The Vetri Family of Restaurants, is all about soy sauce chicken right now. "This is my tailgate take on it -- marinate the whole chicken in soy, dark soy, ginger, and hot peppers. Grill or broil it, then top with more marinade. Super easy to make ahead of time and just throw right on the grill the next day.”
Soy Sauce ChickenWhere: PhiladelphiaWho: Brad Spence, The Vetri Family of Restaurants
- 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 whole chicken split
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Pour over the chicken and let marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Light the grill and remove chicken from marinade and rub with olive oil.
- Reserve marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 45 minutes on medium heat. While grilling, brush with reserved marinade every 10 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes. While resting, boil remaining marinade in a small pot.
- Cut into portions with a cleaver, place on platter and pour cooked marinade over as a sauce.