Rye Whiskey Punch
Inspired by traditional Revolutionary War era whiskey punches, this punch balances rye’s inherent spiciness with bitter black tea and bright lemon juice. It’s strong enough to fuel a party but balanced enough to drink with dinner.
- 1 750-mL bottle Rye Whiskey
- 1 750-mL bottle Montenegro Amaro
- 0.5 Cup fresh Lemon Juice strained through a fine sieve
- 1 750-ml bottle of cognac
- 1 Cup Black Tea, Iced
- 8-10 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 lemon
In a large pitcher, add the water and submerge the tea bags. Refrigerate for at least 48 hours, periodically mixing the tea bags with a large wooden spoon.
Add all ingredients to a punch bowl and stir to incorporate. Garnish with large blocks of ice and lemon wheels.
Contributed by Supercall