Executing a simple concept to perfection is no mean feat -- just check out Point Blank, which is an all-time-great action flick despite Lee Marvin basically doing nothing but murdering everyone who did him wrong, except Mel Gibson, who stole Point Blank from him and called it Payback. Totally nailing the lookalike meme: NBA Doppelgangers.
This absolutely no-frills Tumblr (no witty commentary, or...well, anything) brilliantly scours the past, present, and future to find perfect matches for NBA figures, whether they be actors, musicians, or children's toys. Scroll its pages, and you'll discover that:
- JJ Barea looks exactly like Hans Klopek from The 'Burbs
- While Shawn Marion doesn't flop on the court, he does flop on the big screen, in that he uncannily resembles the robot from I, Robot
- Dirk and Barry Pepper were separated at birth; then West German scientists injected Dirk with their not-as-good-as-East-German-but-still-pretty-good growth hormones, while Barry Pepper stayed 5'10"
- Mark Cuban = Joaquin Phoenix, but goddamn, not as much as Caron Butler = Pharrell Williams
- Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Steve Nash, because he's a dead ringer for Liam Gallagher
Of course it's not just current and former Mavs represented, so you'll also find a mugging Manu Ginobili looking terrifyingly like Bronson Pinchot, and Pau Gasol sidled up next to a picture of an ostrich -- fitting, since when his girlfriend wrongs him, he'll stick his head in the sand instead of making buckets, even the point-blank ones.
This Chinese Festival Is Like 'Frozen' Come to Life