These boots were made for Shotgun Willie
To honor the upcoming Railroad Revival Tour -- in which Willie & Friends (& friends) will travel cross-country via train -- local bootsmiths HELM are releasing some damn handsome limited-edition kicks (pre-order NOW, they will sell out). HELM says they're inspired by the guys who worked on the railroads many live-long days ago, but if you look closely, the boot's features also neatly reference the Red Headed Stranger:
- The shaft's adorned with six brass lace eyelets, matching the six Os Border Agents found on Willie's tour bus in 2010.
- The Horween leather exterior is tough enough to protect Willie from bullets and even more dangerous curse words fired at him by Honeysuckle Rose costar Slim Pickens.
- The interior is also leather, much like Willie's internal organs, which is why he and Snoop Dogg are encouraging relatives to "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die" instead of donating their bodies to science.
- Blake Rapid Stitch construction -- double-layered to decrease moisture build-up -- is also ideal for stitching yourself up if someone stabs you with this Willie Nelson & Family knife.
- The lug sole's made for walking through the toughest terrain, from Fire and Rain, to duets with Jessica Simpson.
- The heavy-duty logger heel offers much needed posture support for the nagging back that got Willie discharged from the highest of armed forces, the Air Force -- which Willie clearly doesn't miss, since he now travels only by train.