Here's how to conceal those default apps you never use, or any other ones you simply prefer weren't visible to prying eyes:
- Create a folder containing all the apps you'd like to ditch
- Open the folder, and press and hold one of the apps so they all jiggle
- Drag one app into the blank third page of the folder
- Without lifting your finger off the app icon, tap the Home button and watch the app disappear
- Repeat for each remaining app in the folder until the folder is gone
There are a couple things to note here, though. For one, the apps may no longer be visible but you'll still be able to access them with a Spotlight search. Also, apps you hide will unfortunately return to their original position on your screen the next time you restart your phone. Damn you, iBooks!