The folder labeled "html" is where most of the fun stuff is. Click on any item in there and it'll pull up a web page with a digest of the relevant info. So, for example, click on "ads" and it pulls up a list of ads or promoted pieces of content you've clicked on in your Newsfeed (only in the last two months-ish). Similarly, "events" shows you a list of every Facebook event you've ever been invited to, as well as how you RSVP'd to it. There's a ton of other stuff to explore, too. Here's a handy little guide:
- ads: Ads you've recently clicked on
- contact_info: Every piece of contact info available in your profile
- events: Name, description, and RSVP status for every event you've ever been invited to
- friends: A list of every person you're currently friends with, as well as the names of people you've unfriended, plus pending requests
- messages: A rather haphazard transcript of every Facebook chat you've ever had (including the stuff you've sent via the Messenger app)
- mobile_devices: Something about "mobile network connection quality." Frankly, I have no idea what this is about.
- photos: Again, a round-up of all the photo albums you've uploaded to Facebook
- places: The names and locations of any "places" you've created on Facebook
- pokes: Your poke history (although mine seemed to only track back as far as 2011; surely I've been poking longer than that)
- security: The date and time of every time you've logged into Facebook from a different IP address
- survey_responses: Responses to, uh, surveys, presumably from Facebook (this page was blank for me)
- synced_photos: A now-defunct feature, this allowed you to save photos privately to Facebook, then select which you'd like to share publicly at a later date. So, if you ever did this, those photos will presumably show up here.
- timeline: Any and all timeline activity since the day you signed up for Facebook, including your status updates
- videos: Any videos you've uploaded
Hopefully if you're a nice, clean, decent human being, you'll walk away saying, "Oh, what a lovely little time capsule!" As for the rest of you, try not to stew too long in your shame and embarrassment. It can't be any worse than your old Myspace photos.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.