This airport has the cheapest flights in America
Beautiful beaches, mustard-based BBQ, and Bill Murray crashing bachelor parties -- South Carolina's always had a lot going for it. Turns out, it's also home to the airport with the cheapest flights in the country.
Yep, the average airfare out of Charleston International Airport is just $191, according to Cheapflights' Fifth Annual Affordability Index. Using the average price of tickets bought on the site in June, CF determined/ranked the 101 most affordable airports in the US to fly to and from.
If you aren't lucky enough to live in Charleston, your next best bet is Long Beach (CA). Followed closely by Harrisburg International (PA), Dallas Love Field (TX), and Joe Foss Field (SD).
Not surprisingly, airports with a ton of international routes like New York's JFK (ranked at no. 99) and Newark Airport, NJ (no. 100), are among the most expensive. And with a startling average airfare of $842, Honolulu International Airport is the priciest in the US -- giving you yet a another thing you didn't know about Hawaii.
Here are the top 10 most affordable:
1. Charleston International Airport, SC ($191)
2. Long Beach (Daugherty Field), CA ($200)
3. Harrisburg International, PA ($236)
4. Dallas Love Field, TX ($266)
5. Joe Foss Field, SD ($267)
6. Chicago Midway, IL ($269)
7. Bob Hope Airport, CA ($274)
8. San Jose International, CA ($277)
9. Myrtle Beach Jetport, SC ($287)
10. Bradley International, CT ($295)
And here's the rest of the list.