So, Spain. April already sits squarely inside the springtime window when you’ll find the country at its most pleasant, with a lot of excellent events in both Barcelona and Madrid. Both will celebrate Semana Santa -- Catholic Holy Week -- from April 14 through April 21, and if you are someone for whom Easter is meaningful, then Spain is a good place for you to be this month. And April 26-28 in Madrid means Mulafest, a festival of not just music and art, but skateboarding, tattooing, and BMX; tickets start around $17. Looking at this list, you may also correctly guess that April 2019 is a good month in which to visit Southeast Asia -- if you’re headed to Bangkok, try to be there April 13-15 for Songkran, the Thai New Year and water festival. There’s also a huge annual music festival S20, featuring artists including Fatboy Slim, Tiesto, and Steve Aoki.
1. Barcelona, Spain -- $432 (48%)
2. Seoul, South Korea -- $595 (38%)
3. Madrid, Spain -- $476 (37%)
4. Tokyo, Japan -- $699 (36%)
5. Bangkok, Thailand -- $558 (35%)
6. Bali, Indonesia -- $566 (35%)
7. Guatemala City, Guatemala -- $360 (35%)
8. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago -- $443 (33%)
9. Zurich, Switzerland -- $576 (33%)
10. London, United Kingdom -- $448 (32%)
Hopper’s price-drop predictions have historically been about 95% percent accurate, which is to say it’s reliable for this sort of thing. To take advantage of the cheap flights, download the app if you haven’t already and then input the cities you have your eye on and the dates during which you’d like to go. After that, kick back and just … wait. That’s it. You’ll get notifications from the app when prices for your flights have dropped as low as they’re expected to go. Don’t forget your sunscreen.