Internationally, this should be your year to spend Halloween in Colombia. Because nothing ramps up a Halloween party like arepas. And you can buy vastly more of them -- or whatever else you’d want to buy in Colombia -- with flights to Bogota down 48%, and flights to Medellin down 32%. Crossing the Pacific will cost you less than a trip to most Midwest regional airports this October; flights to Tokyo and Osaka are both down 34%, to $579 and $555 respectively.
1. Bogota, Colombia - $405 (48%)
2. Tokyo, Japan - $579 (34%)
3. Osaka, Japan - $555 (34%)
4. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago - $559 (33%)
5. Liberia, Costa Rica - $512 (32%)
6. Medellin, Colombia - $396 (32%)
7. Oranjestad, Aruba - $426 (32%)
8. Paris, France - $621 (32%)
9. Guayaquil, Ecuador - $569 (31%)
10. London, UK - $622 (31%)
Unlike Christmas starting earlier every year, none of this is guaranteed. And while Hopper does predict flights with an impressive 95% accuracy, hey, that’s one time in 20 they get it wrong. So you can follow these airfares every day in between perusing online holiday specials. Or you can download the Hopper app, enter your destination and desired dates of travel, and wait for them to alert you. You’re saving money either way.
Instead of getting caught up in holiday hoopla before temperatures in Duluth are making the news, call your friends, book some plane tickets, and go see someplace new. Believe us, the Christmas sales will still be there when you get back.