Not to be confused with its sister city Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo is a bit more arty and much less overrun by spring breaking locusts, er, college kids. You’ll be able to access the beer-soaked masses if the spirit moves you, but here, you won’t have them underfoot, leaving you free to explore any number of the non-tourist trap Mexican beaches. Or get way out of town to one of my favorite places in Southeast Asia, Bali. (Skip Denpasar, which is often clogged with Australian bros and head at least as far up as Ubud.) Another route for your week off is the unusually cheap Paris option, a perfect jumping-off point for exploring the other parts of France that are not the City of Lights. Or, y’know, catch up with those friends who have moved to Canada.
1. San Jose del Cabo, Mexico -- $325 (37%)
2. Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic -- $386 (35%)
3. Bali, Indonesia -- $560 (34%)
4. Paris, France -- $448 (34%)
5. Tokyo, Japan -- $620 (32%)
6. Vancouver, Canada -- $241 (32%)
7. Oranjestad, Aruba -- $372 (32%)
8. Dublin, Ireland -- $495 (32%)
9. Liberia, Costa Rica -- $506 (32%)
10. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago -- $769 (30%)
Hopper’s price-drop predictions have historically been about 95% percent accurate, so you can generally trust Hopper. To take advantage of Hopper’s predictions, download the app if you haven’t already and then input the dates and destinations (by city) you have your eye on. Done? Cool. Easy. Now we wait -- Hopper will ping you when prices for the relevant flights have dipped to the lowest they’re predicted to go. Don’t forget to scoop them up. March Madness indeed.