Which US airport has the fastest Wi-Fi?
There's no denying it: unless we're busy dealing with idiots or making stupid mistakes, the majority of our time waiting at the airport is spent on the Internet. And as such, the speed of the public Wi-Fi is key.
But which airport offers the fastest connection in the country?
Well, that would be Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
How do we know? The folks at Wefi measured speed data from over 45 million WiFi hotspots. With an average download speed of 4.63 mbps, DTW beat out Denver International (4.33 mbps) and Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International (3.74 mbps) for the top spot.
Before you start working remotely from the Biergarten in Terminal C, though, consider that the national average for download speeds is 18.2 mbps -- nearly four times as fast as the fastest airport connection. Lesson: Airport Wi-Fi sucks.
Here are the full rankings.
1. Detroit Metropolitan Airport, MI (4.63 mbps)
2. Denver International Airport, CO (4.33 mbps)
3. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (3.74 mbps)
4. Los Angeles International Airport, CA (3.29 mbps)
5. Washington Dulles International Airport, VA (3.09 mbps)
6. Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, Texas (2.88 mbps)
7. LaGuardia Airport, NY (2.67 mbps)
8. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA (2.66 mbps)
9. Logan International Airport, MA (2.51 mbps)
10. Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, MN (2.45 mbps)
11. McCarran International Airport, NV (2.41 mbps)
12. San Francisco International Airport, CA (2.29 mbps)