Hotel Quebec admits to finding bed bugs, but are insistent that this was a one-time occurrence and limited to Azouley's room. After numerous attempts to come to a resolution with Azouley about the incident (namely, for him to take his review down), the hotel’s General Manager, Jacques Robitaille, filed a lawsuit against him for $95,000.
So who's in the right here? Ostensibly, no one. Azouley had bed bugs in his room, which the hotel doesn't deny -- but when the property tried to amend the situation with the offer of a new room and 40 bones, Azouley still decided to share his negative experience with the world (according to TripAdvisor, over 1,700 people have found his review helpful). There's no way this won't hurt Hotel Quebec in some way, especially now that the disagreement's come to a litigious stand-still.
Lessons to be learned:
• People are really into TripAdvisor
• If you're a large hotel chain, give people more than $40 to hush up a bed bug bonanza
• Proper grammar doesn't really matter when it comes to being taken seriously on travel review sites
• Jacques Robitaille will straight up sue you, son
• Dead Man's Chest is still the best pirate flick