But wait, that’s not all...
There are a few other GUARANTEED ways to win over your in-transit infatuate:
1. Be the guy hounding the gate agent about when you’ll start boarding. It shows that you’re punctual.
2. Always try to board ahead of your designated zone and then scoff when they tell you it’s not your turn. It says that you go for what you want in life and she’ll respect your drive and passion.
3. Stand on the moving platform. This signals that you still have time to stop and smell the roses.
4. Hog ALL of the power outlets at the charging station. You want her to know you’re important, right?!
5. Wear pajamas. You’ve heard of peacocking, yes?
If all else fails: just corner her at the gate
Hitting on women at the airport bookstore, food court, or the lounge can be risky; since, you know, she can always get up and walk away. A strong move is to just find a girl at the gate (or on the plane!). Since there’s a 99.9% chance that the gate she’s sitting at is hers, then score. Touch down. There’s nowhere for her to run. Armed with that bountiful supply of Toblerone, just wait for her to lock eyes with you and move in for the kill. But you know, be less predatory.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.
Meagan Drillinger is a contributing writer for Thrillist and thinks places of transience and anonymity, like airports, are the best places to find love. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @drillinjourneys.