Last year, 4.8 million people flew between Hong Kong and Taipei, making the route the most popular/busiest in the world, according to data released by the International Air Travel Association.
Unsurprisingly, multiple routes to and from London and New York also topped the list, as did a number of shorter flights (Seoul to Tokyo, for example) that are heavily frequented by business travelers.
Here are the full results, including the number of passengers on each flight route during 2013:
1. Hong Kong to Taipei -- 4,876,595
2. Dublin to London -- 3,562,951
3. Jakarta to Singapore -- 3,435,375
4. Seoul to Tokyo -- 3,272,375
5. London to New York -- 2,729,362
6. Amsterdam to London -- 2,724,022
7. London to Milan -- 2,075,485
8. Honolulu to Tokyo -- 1,895,611
9. New York to Toronto -- 1,600,226
10. New York to Paris -- 1,545,938
Chloe Pantazi is an editorial assistant on Thrillist's travel team. Yes, that's a British accent. No, she doesn't watch Doctor Who. Follow her on Twitter at @ChloePantazi.