- January 16th: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20th: Presidents' Day
- April 15th-16th & April 22nd-23rd: National Park Week weekends
- August 25th: National Park Service birthday
- September 30th: National Public Lands Day
- November 11th-12th: Veterans Day weekend
So plan your your trip now, and if you need a little guidance, we've ranked America's 20 most popular parks. Go enjoy the scenic Martian trails of Zion, the sunset-flecked marble mountains of Yosemite, and the Thai-influenced craft beers at Grand Teton (really, that's a thing). Let your cares and worries dissolve in 2017, but whatever you do, don't hop any fences in the Yellowstone basins or you might just dissolve as well.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.