Art on display inside of the French Legation Museum

French Legation Museum

Austin
icon/time
Tues1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Wed1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Thu1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Fri1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Sat1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Sun1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
French Legation Museum

802 San Marcos St

Austin, TX 78702

Originally a private home built for the Frenche charge d'affaires (French for "the King's main man") in 1841, the French Legation house was curated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas for many years before being converted into a museum in 1956. It hosts tours, events, concerts, educational programs, and lectures and cultivates an appreciation of Texas history.