Sean Connery, the only real James Bond in many people's eyes, has said a lot of things over the years. Yes, some of it we'd all like to forget, but the Scotsman undeniably has a way with words. And as you read some of Sean's best lines, make sure you do it in the saltiest brogue you can muster.
1. "I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one."
2. "I admit I'm being paid well, but it's no more than I deserve. After all, I've been screwed more times than a hooker."
3. "Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile."
4. "There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man."
5. "I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them."
6. "I have always hated that damn James Bond. I'd like to kill him."
7. "Some age, others mature."
8. "I met my wife through playing golf. She is French and couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak French, so there was little chance of us getting involved in any boring conversations—that's why we got married really quickly."
9. "I left Scotland when I was 16 because I had no qualifications for anything but the Navy, having left school at 13."
10. "I don't know anything about baseball."
11. "Everything I have done or attempted to do for Scotland has always been for her benefit, never my own and I defy anyone to prove otherwise."
12. "The knighthood I received was a fantastic honor but it's not something I've ever used and I don't think I ever will."
13. "I never trashed a hotel room or did drugs."
14. "More than anything else, I'd like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso."
15. "To cultivate an English accent is already a departure away from what you are."
Ethan Wolff-Mann is an editor at Supercompressor. He considers Thunderball to be the finest of them all. Follow him on Twitter @ewolffmann.