They say no one takes a blonde man seriously. Those people are wrong.
This Tiny Kitchen Gadget Turns Radishes Into 'Super Mario' Mushrooms
1. "I'm not a facelift person. I am what I am."
2. "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better."
3. "When I was a kid, nobody told me I was good-looking. I wish they had. I would've had a better time."
4. "I used to race cars, but skiing is a step beyond that. It removes the machinery and puts you one step closer to the elements. And it's a complete physical expression of freedom."
5. "I was an art student and an acting student and behaved as most young actors did—meaning that there was no such thing as a good actor, 'cause you yourself hadn't shown up yet."
6. "I've always liked speed. I own a car that I shouldn't be talking about because I'm an environmentalist, but the 1955 Porsche Spyder 550 RS is the finest sports car ever made."
7. "Never revisit the past, that's dangerous. You know, move on."
8. "I don't see myself as beautiful. I was a kid who was freckle-faced, and they used to call me 'hay head.'"
9. "I can't go into a bar anywhere without someone starting to play The Entertainer."
10. "Butch Cassidy was the only film I ever enjoyed making."
11. "If you can make it [in Utah], you can make it anywhere."
12. "If you talk about an issue, what comes back is a description of what you're wearing. Reporters only want to know how tall you are and if your teeth are capped."
13. "I am perhaps the best-looking grandfather around, apart from Marlon Brando, of course!"
14. "Some people have analysis. I have Utah."
15. "I never did look like a 21-year-old just out of college who'd never been laid." (On refusing the lead in The Graduate.)
16. "There are certain friendships that are sometimes too good and too strong to talk about."
17. "I often feel I'll just opt out of this rat race and buy another hunk of Utah."
Ethan Wolff-Mann is an editor at Supercompressor. His favorite Redford "picture" is The Sting. Follow him on Twitter @ewolffmann.