Is it a meatball? Is it a waffle? Is it spaghetti? Is the fact that we're asking these questions enough incentive for you to stop reading this and go make the damn thing right now for yourself? Behold Food Steez's waffled spaghetti burger: an insanely delicious, conceptually confounding recipe that you need in your life immediately. Do it for science, and watch the video above to see how it's done.
Waffled Spaghetti Burger
- 5-6 cups spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- 4 small ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls
- 2-4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
- Basil, to serve
Directions:Make the meatballs:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture out into 2- to 3-inch balls, and make an indentation in the center. Stuff each with 2 ciliegine mozzarella balls. Seal tightly.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the meatballs and sear until the sides are nicely browned. Remove them from the pan.
- Place the meatballs on a baking tray and let them cook in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. At the 8 minute mark, briefly remove the meatballs from the oven and cover each with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Return them to the oven until the meat is cooked through and the cheese has begun to melt.
- In a large bowl, combine the al dente spaghetti with the 4 beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly to coat.
- Mist the waffle iron with nonstick spray, and place roughly 2-3 cups of spaghetti on it. Tamp down firmly for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until the spaghetti takes on the shape of a waffle and becomes slightly brown in color.
- Once the waffle buns are complete, slice them into 4 triangles. Top them with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce, followed by the cheese-stuffed meatballs, more marinara, grated Parmesan cheese, basil, and the top bun. Serve.