We like Cheetos, you like Cheetos, everyone likes macaroni and cheese -- it's safe to say this Flamin' Hot Cheetos mac & cheese recipe from Food Steez is perfect for pretty much... everyone. Oh, and it's easy to make too! Hit up your local grocer (or, you know, go rifle through the pantry; we're willing to bet you have most of this stuff on hand already anyways, since you love Cheetos and mac & cheese) and get to it. Check out the video to see how it's done.
Flamin' Hot Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup medium Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and cook the elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small pot, simmer the heavy whipping cream until reduced by about a third (the cream should lightly coat the back of a spoon). Add the Parmesan, Cheddar Jack, and Cheddar. Whisk thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Place the cooked elbows in a large mixing bowl, and top with the cooked bacon and the cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper as desired, and mix until well-combined.
- Plate the mac & cheese in small skillet. Top with crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, green onions, and serve.